Weekend Artsday / Intergalactic odyssey on stage
What’s on within the arts this weekend? HELEN MUSA has the reply in her weekend “Artsday” version.
REBUS Theatre is staging “Utopiate”, an intergalactic odyssey to a planet with out ache. It’s devised and carried out by a mixed-ability solid and brings collectively dialogue, bodily theatre, soundscapes and visible design. Belconnen Arts Centre, November 4, 5 and 12.
COMEDIAN Joe Avati is bringing his twenty fifth anniversary present, “25 Reside: Have Some Respect”, to The Hellenic Membership, Friday, November 4.
“GOD Is Lifeless” is a reside present by Bryce Mills and Campbell Walker in regards to the worst issues on the web, based mostly on the hit comedy podcast. The Road Theatre, 7pm, Saturday, November 5.
- OWEN Campbell is taking part in reside and free on the Canberra Irish Membership’s “Welcome To Friday” program of native music, 8pm, November 4.
- COUNTRY-POP duo Seaforth, Tom Jordan and Mitch Thompson, named for the Australian suburb the place they met as kids, shall be right here on their “About Time” tour, at ANU Kambri, Saturday, November 5.
- GUITAR Trek – Tim Kain, Minh Le Hoang, Matt Withers and Callum Henshaw – will carry out at St Andrews Anglican Church, 47 Elrington St, Braidwood 2pm, Sunday, November 6.
- CANBERRA Group Chorale and Kompactus will carry out Dan Forrest’s “Jubilate Deo”, which brings to life the Psalm 100 textual content, “O be joyful within the Lord, all ye lands”, by setting it in seven languages. Wesley Uniting Church, 5pm, Sunday, November 6.
- IGITUR Nos will carry out Faure’s “Requiem” in liturgical context at St Paul’s, Manuka 5pm, Sunday, November 6.
- TUGGERANONG Arts Centre has “Swoon! We’re Dizzy with JOY!” by Palms On Studio and “All That Glitters”, by native artists Helen Braund, Tiffany Cole, Romany Fairall, Michele Grimston and Emma Rani Hodges, November 4-17. As effectively the centre has the St Mary MacKillop Faculty “Encourage” exhibition, artwork by college students from years 7 to 12 operating till November 19.
- CANBERRA Museum and Gallery is showcasing two native success tales within the area of glass making: Blanche Tilden and Tom Moore, who’ve grow to be nationally and internationally recognised, in “Blanche Tilden – ripple impact: a 25 12 months survey” and “Tom Moore: Plentiful Surprise”, which options animation by Jonathan Nix. CMAG, Civic Sq., November 5 to February 12.
- NANCY Sever Gallery has a brand new exhibition of works by by Tim Johnson on the gallery, Degree 1, 131 Metropolis Stroll, Civic Canberra Metropolis, November 6-December 4.
- SADHANALAYA Faculty of Arts will current “Parijatham”, a Kuchipudi traditional created by the late guru Vempati Chinna Satyam. Gungahlin Faculty Theatre, 2.30pm and 5.30pm, Sunday, November 6.
- AUSTRALIAN Dance Occasion is staging a second lake cruise aboard the “Gull” zero-emissions boat, 10.30am-2.30pm, November 5.
Who will be trusted?
In a world of spin and confusion, there’s by no means been a extra vital time to assist impartial journalism in Canberra.
When you belief our work on-line and wish to implement the ability of impartial voices, I invite you to make a small contribution.
Each greenback of assist is invested again into our journalism to assist hold citynews.com.au sturdy and free.
Turn into a supporter
Ian Meikle, editor