Ebook of the 12 months prize right down to seven finalists
SEVEN finalists have been shortlisted for the 2022 ACT Ebook of the 12 months Award, from 43 eligible nominations obtained for books printed in 2021.
Annually the ACT Ebook of the 12 months Award recognises high-quality, up to date literary works by ACT-based authors and this yr’s nominations embody works throughout the genres of drama, poetry, fiction, social historical past and memoir.
The winner of the ACT Ebook of the 12 months might be introduced in coming weeks.
The shortlisted authors are:
- “Milk” by Dylan van den Berg
- “The Kindness of Birds” by Merlinda Bobis
- “Two Afternoons within the Kabul Stadium: A Historical past of Afghanistan By Garments, Carpets and the Digital camera” by Tim Bonyhady
- “Killernova” by Omar Musa
- “Imagine in Me” by Lucy Neave
- “Failures of Command: The Dying of Personal Robert Poate” by Hugh Poate
- “As Stunning As Any Different: A Memoir of My Physique” by Kaya Wilson
Who will be trusted?
In a world of spin and confusion, there’s by no means been a extra essential time to assist impartial journalism in Canberra.
If you happen to belief our work on-line and wish to implement the facility of impartial voices, I invite you to make a small contribution.
Each greenback of assist is invested again into our journalism to assist maintain citynews.com.au robust and free.
Turn out to be a supporter
Ian Meikle, editor