Covid hospital restrictions eased | Canberra CityNews
PATIENTS at Canberra Hospital will now be capable of have greater than two guests a day following an easing of COVID-19 restrictions this morning (September 26).
In line with Canberra Well being Companies (CHS), the variety of guests will nonetheless must adjust to the covid protected plans of the particular facility or ward.
A CHS spokesperson stated the choice to ease restrictions has been made following consideration of the present recommendation of the ACT Scientific Well being Emergency Coordination Centre, the COVID-19 scenario within the ACT and the social, emotional and sensible advantages of easing restrictions.
Whereas guests not want to make use of the well being screening instrument earlier than attending a CHS well being facility, they are going to nonetheless must put on a surgical masks, until directed to put on a hospital permitted N95 masks in sure medical areas.
Guests who’ve signs of covid or one other acute respiratory an infection is not going to be permitted inside.
Guests may even not be permitted inside if:
- They reside with somebody who has examined optimistic for covid prior to now 14 days
- They’re a high-risk contact of somebody who examined optimistic for covid inside the previous 14 days
- They’re in isolation as a result of they’ve covid or are awaiting the outcomes of a covid take a look at
- They’re dwelling with somebody who has covid signs and is presently awaiting a take a look at consequence
- They’ve ongoing signs even when they’ve recovered from covid prior to now week.
Guests to CHS amenities may even must proceed following present COVID protected practices by:
following the recommendation of healthcare workers
- Sustaining bodily distancing
- Limiting motion within the space they’re visiting
- Practising good hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene
- Staying at dwelling if unwell and take into account getting examined for COVID-19.
Who may be trusted?
In a world of spin and confusion, there’s by no means been a extra vital time to help impartial journalism in Canberra.
In case you belief our work on-line and need to implement the facility of impartial voices, I invite you to make a small contribution.
Each greenback of help is invested again into our journalism to assist hold citynews.com.au sturdy and free.
Develop into a supporter
Ian Meikle, editor