Two former “CityNews” artists of the 12 months are among the many 16 artists, authors, musicians, dance and theatre performers and humanities employees to learn within the second spherical for 2022 of ACT authorities arts actions funding, previously generally known as “mission funding”.
Elizabeth Cameron Dalman receives $19,625 to develop a “Dance-in-Nature” skilled growth program with native and Taiwanese artists at Mirramu, Lake George, whereas Michael Dooley receives $21,450 to create knowledgeable audio/video recording of unique modern classical compositions for piano and orchestra.
Greater than $350,000 will go to artistic practitioners for the event and promotion of their work, Arts Minister Tara Cheyne has introduced.
The checklist ranges from particular person tasks corresponding to writing a e-book or making ready a sequence of recent work to bigger enterprises such because the musical growth and pre-production for a brand new music/theatre work and the event of visible design for a brand new work area spectacular.
The checklist of grants
- ARCHIE, The manufacturing and promotion of a debut EP of recent songs. $25,685
- Joel Arthur, Create a physique of recent exploratory work for a brand new exhibition. $9463
- Elliot Bastianon, Buying tools and supplies to develop a brand new physique of copper sculptures. $15,159
- Tracy Bourne, The manufacturing of “Finale” – a brand new music theatre work that includes Moya Simpson. $36,919
- Ashlee Bye, Undertake artistic growth for a brand new modern dance work. $9187
- CLUBSCORE, The event of visible design components for a brand new work “Enviornment Spectacular”. $49,748
- Elizabeth Cameron Dalman, To develop a Mirramu “Dance-in-Nature” skilled growth program with native and Taiwanese artists. $19,625
- Zhi Yi Cham, Undertake a mentorship and to analysis and develop a set of memoir and poetry works. $29,440
- Luminescence Chamber Singers, To develop and premiere performances of recent work for vocal ensemble “Of the Physique” in Canberra and Sydney. $27,750
- Michael C. Dooley, To create knowledgeable audio/video recording of unique modern classical compositions for piano and orchestra. $21,450
- Jess Haas, The musical growth and pre-production for “The Woman Who Glows” – a brand new music/theatre work. $28,520
- Nicole Hasham To put in writing a non-fiction e-book concerning the histories, ecologies, and cultural significance of Australian mountains. $18,650
- Stuart McMillen, To put in writing “The City With out Tv” – a non-fiction comedian. $17,430
- Julie Monro-Allison, Residency in Cairns and the creation of “Oothecae”; an set up of recent sculptural works. $13,778
- Samantha Sly, The recording, promotion, and launch of an EP of recent songs. $23,225
- Yamile Tafur Rios, Making a sequence of recent work about Canberra-based migrants. $13,203
Who may be trusted?
In a world of spin and confusion, there’s by no means been a extra necessary time to assist impartial journalism in Canberra.
Should you belief our work on-line and need to implement the facility of impartial voices, I invite you to make a small contribution.
Each greenback of assist is invested again into our journalism to assist preserve citynews.com.au sturdy and free.
Develop into a supporter
Ian Meikle, editor