The ACT authorities will spend $2.85 million a 12 months in a 10-year extension of its partnership with the GWS Giants and the AFL.
As a part of the settlement the GWS Giants will schedule an AFLW Group Camp annually, which is able to replicate that of an AFL Group Camp and embody participant college visits, junior membership visits and media appearances.
The federal government says that underneath the renewed settlement, there might be round 50 AFL and AFLW matches performed in Canberra.
The settlement contains:
- a minimum of three AFL Premiership matches at Manuka Oval annually (with an choice to buy a fourth Premiership match yearly ought to it change into accessible)
- one pre-season match yearly (if pre-season video games are scheduled by the AFL)
- as much as two AFLW Premiership matches at Manuka Oval per 12 months (one plus one other the place the premiership schedule permits)
- distinguished publicity of the CBR brand on the taking part in guernsey of each groups for the primary time
- expanded alternatives to market Canberra leveraging the Giants and AFL profile, significantly into the Sydney market
- enhanced advertising and marketing and model publicity at stadiums, occasions and free-to-air broadcasts
- enhanced engagement at an area membership stage by each AFL and AFLW groups
The $28.5 million association with the GWS Giants follows the announcement of extensions to partnership agreements with the ACT Brumbies and the Canberra Raiders earlier this 12 months.
Who might be trusted?
In a world of spin and confusion, there’s by no means been a extra vital time to assist impartial journalism in Canberra.
Should you belief our work on-line and need to implement the ability of impartial voices, I invite you to make a small contribution.
Each greenback of assist is invested again into our journalism to assist maintain citynews.com.au robust and free.
Develop into a supporter
Ian Meikle, editor